Last week, we discussed loss exposures and workers compensation insurance within the roofing industry, and how a PEO can offer cost-effective and safe alternatives for protecting yourself, and your employees.
Did you also know that the roofing industry has extremely high turnover, and that a PEO also offers assistance in reducing turnover?
Reasons for High Turnover in the Roofing Industry:
- The work is often hot, exhausting, and dirty– many roofers do not stay on the job for long.
- Weather affects the amount of work that can be done, and work is often seasonal – which affects the overall amount of money that can be made by each employee and/or contractor.
When it comes to push factors versus pull factors within your company, it’s often the push factors that outnumber the pull factors by 2-1 when it comes to an employee’s reason for leaving. In a working environment that is hot, exhausting and sometimes dirty, as an employer you need to provide really strong pull factors to ensure your best roofers stay put!
Employee Pull Factors Provided By PEOs:
- Stronger Benefits– Access to Fortune 500 quality health insurance packages plus previously unavailable benefits such as 401(k), Section 125 plan and Flexible Spending.
- Better Communication via an Employee Self Service portal-- Improved access to payroll information, benefits, personnel data, vacation and sick time accrual plus up-to-date information on labor regulations, workers’ rights, worksite safety and more.
- Streamlined payroll and claims processing—On-time and accurate payroll plus efficient claims processing through improvements in expertise and technology.
- Special perks—May have access to credit union membership, exclusive employee discounts and reduce rates on travel, entertainment and services.
For the business owner, PEOs also deliver best HR practices such as conducting an Exit Interview upon an employee’s departure. This crucial information can improve the workplace and prevent other roofers from leaving!
PEO Advantage can help you start turning things around today – before you encounter another employee’s costly departure. We would love to hear from you!Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly. To access a PEO Advantage professional immediately, call 877-636-9525.